homebaraboutbarrecipesbardesignsbarcontact

A Style Epiphany

3.02.2013

Yesterday everyone seemed to be feeling better so we thought that maybe getting out of the house for a bit would be a great idea. So we decided to go and try to do a little shopping. Since it was early Friday we figured the mall we went to wouldn't be too busy, so we would just walk around and Momma could get a few items for Spring.

We couldn't have been more wrong... about everything.

When we got there we noticed the parking lot seemed full. Then we go in and it was crowded! I don't know if school was out, or if it was early release or something... But there were busloads of kids there, and by kids I mean those super rude teens/preteens, and way more people than I ever would have thought would be there on a week day.

When we got there we grabbed a bowl of soup and had a bite before we started with the shopping.

After our soup Sydney started getting a little more clingy. Only she wanted nothing but Mommy. I couldn't let go of her hand, much less leave her sight unless she was playing on the playground.

So, as I have a kiddo attached to me I am looking at items for Spring. I am not sure what I was looking for, but for some reason I was trying to stay away from solids.. don't know why! I was mainly looking for spring, which is really hard when you are having to carry around a wool coat because it is so cold outside and snow flakes are falling. Needless to say I walked away from the mall without a single item purchased... If you know me, this is a sad sad day. I LOVE shopping, like it used to be a serious addiction. But with everything that was going on it was just no fun yesterday.

Then we are on the way home and I decided to take a peek at my pinterest board.... And I discovered something about myself...

cute summer outfitPinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image
Do you notice any sort of trend here?

These are all the perfect spring or summer outfit to me! They are the exact style I seemed to have been for some reason trying to stay away from. And I love them all! They are simple outfits really, but all have pops of color!

So in this I learned something about myself.. I learned what my style is! So shopping will now be fun for spring! I am going to start looking for lots of fun bottoms, and some great fitting tops! The great thing about this... Once I have purchased the items, the outfits will mix and match really well, so the outfits will really be endless!

So my motto this season is BRIGHT! Look for bright colors and great fit! I can accent it with accessories if I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!