homebaraboutbarrecipesbardesignsbarcontact

A Link Up with Neely

2.13.2012



I just started following a blog called A Complete Waste Of Makeup the other day.

 Today she is hosting a link up and I decided that I would join in. In the link up we tell about ourselves/our blogs. 
So here goes!

Hi my name is Tiffany (aka Momma Bear)! I am a twenty-something stay at home/work at home mom to a punky little girl we call Baby Bear and newly engaged to Papa Bear and I am going to tell you about why I blog!

I started blogging in August of 2010. When I started, blogging was sort of a digital journal to me. I knew that nobody else read it but me, so I would just use it to vent talk about whatever happened to be on my mind that day. I only did a couple of posts and then I kind of stopped blogging all together. 

Well nearly a year later I decided that I wanted to start blogging again. When I started I kept playing with the look of my blog. I LOVED the looks of some of the other blogs that I read and became obsessed with making mine pretty too! My blog is about my family in general. So I wanted to find a design that suited us. I couldn't do that without purchasing a custom design. So I started looking through custom blog designers and about 20 designers in something just clicked! I realized that I could do my own design! 

I started looking through tutorials and writing everything that I could think of down. I came up with one design that just had my name in the header. I used it for about a month. Then we took Baby Bear to the playground one day and this kid started being really mean to her. I didn't say anything to the kid or his parent for the longest time. Then he spit in her face and I said something to the kid. Papa Bear then gave me the nickname "Momma Bear". About a week later I started playing with design ideas for a blog called Momma Bear (now the Momma Bear diaries). I finally came up with a design I was happy with! Then I started networking my blog and it became way more to me than just a place to vent. I share my life with all of my fellow bloggers. Many of the people who have started to follow me on here and twitter have become some of my best friends! 

While I was learning how to do a design that I fell in love with I also designed blogs for a couple of my friends and family members. This was when I decided to open TKC Designs.

Tkc Button, 150*150
In September of 2011 I became a custom blog designer! I have to admit that it is something that I truly love to do and it allows me to be able to stay home with my beautiful little girl. It has definitely been tricky learning how to balance being a stay at home/work at home mom though. I can normally only work for an hour or two at a time and then we take a break and do whatever it is that she wants to do. Then I'll go back to it at nap time and when she wakes I will stop. Then I  may get to do a little more before dinner. But I get to have the best of both worlds while doing something that I love to do! So there are no complaints here!

So, overall blogging has become about way more to me than just jotting down my thoughts. I mean I still do that. But I actually feel like I am talking to someone so I feel like I have a better way of doing it now. Does that make sense? I has become a way for me to meet and talk to people that have become dear friends to me that I know I would have never met otherwise. It also helped me decide what I want to do as a career. 

Over the last year I have decided that I think everyone should have a blog. As a mom it is a great source of info and advice. But as a person in general it just feels good to blog and its a great network of friends! I don't plan to stop blogging any time soon and I hope that you will all follow along in this journey of my life as I share it with you!

If you want to do a  blog post like this and link up with A Complete Waste Of Makeup just click on the link and start your post. Then link up! Its for today only! Hopefully we will all find some new amazing blogs to follow!

3 comments:

  1. such a cute blog! I'm a new follower and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog.. so cute! Following now and can't wait to read more. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your engagement! Yippie are you going to plan a wedding? I love the look of your blog and I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!