homebaraboutbarrecipesbardesignsbarcontact

big baby

10.16.2012

Ready to laugh?
The past couple of weeks the hubs has been given a couple of really late shifts. This week there were two in a row. Ordinarily I have a hard time going to sleep without him in bed with me. So when I know that he has to work late I just stay up until I am really tired and then I go in there and pass out. 
Sunday wasn't too bad. Because I knew that my MIL was in her room sleeping so even though I was alone, I knew I wasn't. Last night was another story. The hubs and my MIL  both had to work until early morning. 
So what did I do. I sat up and finished all of last season of Greys Anatomy (I knew Lexi died and still found myself crying) until midnight. Even then I was tired but not to a point that I would hit the bed and just pass out. I was freaked out more than anything. After debating for a while I took Piggy out one more time and locked her up. Then I left the outdoor lights (and a few other lights in the house) on, went and checked on Baby Bear one more time. Did I mention that we watched Paranormal Activity last week and her bedroom door is right beside the basement door?!? If I wasn't already freaked out about being home alone at night, remembering that movie sure as hell didn't help me!!! So I went and crawled into my bed and tried to go to sleep....with the lights on. haha! I am normally someone who has to have it super dark to sleep well. I tried that for a few minutes and eventually decided that the light had to go, but I opened the bedroom door so that the light from out in the house came in. I was just laying there listening to every single noise like it was coming to get me until I just finally fell asleep. I'm not sure what time that was, but I know I am still exhausted now. 
I feel so silly. I used to be like this when I was a kid, but I thought I had grown out of it over the years. I am a grown woman and I was acting like the boogy man was coming to get me! If I'd had one of Baby Bear's stuffed animals I totally would have cuddled it! 
Now I'm just really hoping that there aren't any more of those shifts on this next schedule! If there are...who's coming over?!?!   

8 comments:

  1. So funny...I don't think we ever grow out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I still haven't grown out of it. It's horrible when my hubs goes out of town for the week - I totally freak out. I see shadows, hear noises and I have to pretend that all is ok (in front of the kids) because I'm the grown up :) I would love to say it gets better - but it doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa so funny I am like that. Our house is off the ground and I hear cracks and sounds freaks me out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahaha! I will be in your position in 2 weeks! Todd has the 2nd shift at work until FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!! If your hubs is still on some whacky hours, I'll know who to call ;) Hope it gets better and DO NOT WATCH SCARY MOVIES!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I do the same thing! I would come keep you company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something happened where I lost over HALF of everyone I was following. And you were one of them. NOT cool! What the heck happened? I miss talking with you. I'll be alone this weekend. Let's email! hahaha. But really..I feel ya, girl!

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still do it too. And I don't really watch scary movie..... Mom Hasn't gotten over it either if that helps you. She had to have Nanna go stand on the porch for her to go outside a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!