Tonight I made a phone call that started out as a phone call with a client, and ended feeling like a phone call with a friend. Of course we talked shop, but somehow we ended up talking about so many other things during our little hour or more on the phone.
During this phone call Rebecca said something to me that just really hit home. It's something that Papa Bear has said to me (in other words) many many times.
" You have to take care of YOU."
For some reason, it really hit home today. I am many things. I am a stay at home mom, a work at home mom, a wife, and then in the end I am just me. I tend to take care of things in that very order. So I guess I have in a way, put myself on the back burner. I plan to change this, and I plan to start TONIGHT!
I want to start eating better, dressing better, taking care of my body, and taking care of my soul.
I plan to work on a little balance to accomplish all of this. Because let's be honest, I do two jobs at once, and that takes up 99% of my time. If I am no taking care of Baby Bear I am working, and I don't exactly execute office hours. I am so not complaining because I LOVE may daughter and my job more than anything. But I have to learn to take care of myself as well as I do other things.
I have something coming this week in the mail that I am REALLY excited about, and I think it will help me learn to schedule time for me as well as my family and my business. I am FINALLY getting my Erin Condren planner that I have drooled over for over a year! With this I plan to kind of plan my days. I will schedule a little time in for myself. Time to do things like go for long walks with Piggy and Sydney, take care of my blogging, shower and ACTUALLY style my hair, put on makeup for no reason. Then I will schedule certain hours for work. I know I will work more than I schedule, but I will always try to get my todo lists done in these time. Then anything over is just a bonus.
I have to learn how to take care of myself as well as I do everything else. Otherwise I will lose myself and go crazy! If I am a happier me, I think everyone else will be a little happier too!
So starting today I am taking a little ME time out of every single day, and day by day I will become a better/happier me in doing it!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day!