I have seen families that have literally spent their entire winter going in and out of the doctor's office. Every time I hear these families mention that the sickness has attacked their house again I whisper a little sigh of relief because we have been very lucky this winter and haven't had very many sick days at all.
Well as of last week the streak ended. Hubs got sick and stayed sick for about three days. A couple of days passed of everyone being fine. Then on Saturday I was cooking dinner and all of a sudden this weird stomach pain just hit me. For the rest of the night I relaxed in the living room hoping to wake up Sunday morning feeling like a million bucks. Yesterday morning came around and there was no such luck. My stomach pain was joined by a killer headache. I kept both all day yesterday.
Yesterday around lunch time kiddo started acting a little sleepy. She opted to go take a nap instead of eating her favorite mac and cheese. So we put her down for a nap and she woke up cuddly, but not acting really sick or anything. So we went on with our relaxing day. Just before bed she started acting really sleepy. I figured it was just that. She was just sleepy... Wrong. During bed time routine I picked her up to carry her to her room because she was cuddly and acting so sleepy. We took about two steps from bathroom to bedroom and the awful noise happened. Then about half a second later I felt it on my back, arm, and shoulder. I set her down and she started getting sick right there in the kitchen. She didn't have a fever and was acting okay after we gave her a bath so we went ahead and put her into bed and she went to sleep. Crisis averted... We would all wake up feeling better in the morning right???
WRONG!!!
At about 11:30 she came into the room. I took her back to her room and noticed that she was a little warm. I checked her temperature and she did feel a little warm, but not too bad. So I layed her down and hoped she would sleep, and she did...for about thirty minutes...
This is how our night went. She woke up about every thirty minutes for most of the night and of course we didn't have a drop of children's tylenol anywhere in the house. But there wasn't really a fever so hopefully she would sleep at some point and feel better....
Not the case! Instead at 6:30 this morning Papa Bear was heading to Wal-mart to get some tylenol and kiddo is laying in bed with me watching Blues Clues. Eventually we moved to the living room, but the same show is still on.
Now she has had her tylenol and it has kicked in so she is feeling a little better. But how do you explain to a kid who is feeling a little better that she is still sick and needs to relax... It's nearly impossible unless you keep the cartoon of her choice on constantly. So yes. I do believe it will be one of those days. Don't judge but her cartoons will be on all day and hopefully she will just lay around and watch them and her fever will go away as the day winds down.
I can handle one of us getting sick, but when it is the kiddo it breaks my heart. To see her sobbing after throwing up because it scared her was so heart wrenching last night...
I am so ready for warm weather and less sickies! I think we would all feel better if it was like 70 degrees outside and we could have the windows open. Don't you think?









No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day!