homebaraboutbarrecipesbardesignsbarcontact

She Is Officially 4?!?

10.08.2013

How is this possible? My little baby is not such a baby anymore. last Thursday she had her FOURTH birthday!

Last year we had Sydneys birthday party on her actual birthday and we only invited like four of thenpeople that came. It ended up being a senior citizen event that was more about my MIL than my daughter. So at her birthday party last year we decided that this year we would have a family day on her actual birthday and then have a party for all of her little friends the following weekend.

That is just what we did!

On Thursday morning she woke up to streamer on her door and balloons on the floor.

When she woke up at 3am to use the restroom she wasn't crazy about it, but when she woke up for the day she was absolutely in love and playing with the balloons.

Piggy even joined in on a little bit of the fun.

We spent the morning relaxing and getting ready for our plans that day. It is so amazing how little minds work to me. When we got up that morning and I was getting her cartoons ready we had a little conversation that went just like this..

Sydney: "Mommy, am I four right now???"
Me: "Yes, baby."
Sydney: holding her night gown out from her body "Then why does this still fit me???"

The look on her face and the tone in her voice told me just his serious she was, but I couldn't hold back the laughter. She genuinely thought that because she was another year older she would be another size bigger. Makes sense right??? Lol.

So back to our birthday plans... Its still pretty warm here so we all got dressed and if you know Sydney at all, then you know she had to be in a puffy little dress and as cute as possible. Once we were all ready we got into the car and took her to surprise location number one.

We went to Build A Bear. Sydney has been OBSESSED with my little pony lately. We have watched the two seasons on Netflix like 300 times and the movie Equestria Girls has been the movie of choice every day for like a month. Build A Bear happens to have Sydney's favorite pony right now so her birthday present was an obvious choice to me the moment I saw this.
She got to build her own Twilight Sparkle. We even put the theme song in there and bought the matching clothes. She was so cute doing it.

After we got her present we had one more surprise in store for her. We took her to lunch at a place called Buffalo Phil's.  If you request to sit next to the train it will bring your food and drinks out to the table for you.

She LOVED it. We ate our oh so not healthy lunches and then we went to what all kids see as the best part of the restaurant. It has a place called Knuckleheads attached to it. This place is a HUGE play area with arcade games, bumper cars, lazer tag, bowling, bouncy balloon, and so much more.

She had a blast playing here for a couple of hours. We did Go Karts and she rode with Daddy. While doing this I learned something huge... I am SO NOT MEANT to drive go karts like that. Hahaha! Then she went and played in the kiddy playground/climbing structure... Well I say she went and played, but she honestly wouldn't go anywhere unless I went in with her.... Which parents really aren't supposed to do, but I did. There were points I couldn't get through because I am not toddler size aand have a butt and boobs, so we kept having to turn around and try different ways in there. But I got lost, how the heck do kids do it???

We played there for way too long and spent way too much money, but she had fun and that was what really mattered. Since we were having the party on a different day I really wanted her to still love her actual birthday!

Once we left we went home she skyped with her Nonna and Aunt Tukka and opened the presents from them. Then we watched Equestria Girls yet again and ate Culvers followed by cake and playing with toys.

If you ask me it was the perfect little birthday for a four year old little diva. Next we just had to get ready for the birthday party that we were having on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Awww I can't believe she's four! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Glad sweet little Sydney had a great birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!