**This is a venting post. If you don't want to hear me go on about something that bothers me then come back tomorrow and I promise not to be so negative!**
Okay. So how many of you have ever noticed that communication with your friends or family is one sided? I promise this isn't about any of you. Well over the last couple of years I have definitely noticed this. I just don't necessarily think that it's right that I am always the one who has to initiate conversation, or that We are always the ones who have to make the drive to see people. I think that with every relationship there should be give & take not just one or the other.
Although I won't explain the exact situation, some of you who are reading this already know the exact situation and why this bothers me so much. I just want to say that it's not fair for me to be the only one to make that effort and if it seems like we have maybe drifted apart then this is probably why!
Okay. Thank you so much for letting me have this little rant on here. I actually feel better just having blogged it and getting it out there. This is my blog and I have felt for the last couple of days that maybe I shouldn't post this because I didn't want to offend someone. But if I can't talk about it here and with all of you guys then where can I?
**Rant Over**









Keep your head up girl! They'll come around... hopefully!! and if not...like I've told you before, it's their loss! You, Syd and C are all amazing people! If they don't want to see that, oh well!!! Keep your head held high and worry about your beautiful family who loves you!!!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I feel like if it wasn't for the effort I make, I'd never see my family. Def agree too that it's your blog-rant anytime you need to!
ReplyDeleteOh Tiffany - I can totally relate! Some friendships are just hard. Feels like you have to put so much work into it and then you get none in return on the other end. It's hard and it hurts - and that's all there is to it! You're not alone, I promise. I'm here to talk anytime you need me :)
ReplyDeleteI hate to say it but it gets worse... moving further from home really creates a communication block. I've lost touch with some super close friends I had before I moved and at first I was ticked because I called and left messages and always got a text two weeks later saying "I owe you a phone call"... don't owe me just call already! I got over it when I realized... The world moves on with out you. I can't be mad at the situation because it's true and as much as I'd like to stay close to everyone its really hard. The worst though is after You and your family go back to visit you are still expected to catch up with everyone but on their schedules... well I just drove 1400 miles can you just please meet me at the time I have alloted? You never see everyone you want and people get pissed... If they are good friends and family they understand. Don't focus on people not making plans with you, if you want to see them then call them. If they don't call but complain about not seeing you then say sorry I hadn't heard from you since the last time I called so I assumed you were busy. Don't let it get to you.
ReplyDeleteI think as we get older you will see more and more. It's almost like people don't want to put in the effort to a friendship.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand where you are coming from. Your too sweet of a girl for someone to take avatage of you! Stick to your guns!!! :) Im in the same boat at times and I feel like i give give give, and some take take take. Ive been learning to say no to certain things. Literally Ive canceld dr. apts for the girls to watch someones kid. I need to find a balance and stick with people that care! lol. Thats a big part of why I turned to blogging!
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much for your comments! I couldn't tell you how much it means to me!
ReplyDeleteI, too, know where you are coming from. Being as OLD as I am (lol!) I can tell you this is commonplace with "friends". You will have different friends in different seasons of your life. But it really stings when it's family. I swear, sometimes I feel like I am the only one making an effort and wonder "OK fine, what IF we never saw each other for like 5 years?" The difference is, I truly believe it would break my heart and "they" would be just fine. Ugggh. So sorry you are going through this, but don't continue to be the one always giving. It's draining. You are too sweet of a person!
ReplyDeletethe road goes both ways, just like the phone goes both ways. Praying everything works out, and others realize those things! :)
ReplyDeleteSending hugs love, I'm sure this stress is the very last thing you need right now, but life is a two way highway!! ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you girl. I feel like this happens at times in life. People get caught up in the bustle of it all. But I bet your friends who have become distant still think about your all the time :)
ReplyDelete