Most of you know that we have been trying to get Baby Bear to go big girl potty for quite some time. She has gotten a lot better at it lately, but we are still nowhere near potty trained.
We have tried the white cloud pull ups, and she loves them! They have little ballerinas on the front and the under side has hearts that fade. So we would say that she had a happy ballerina or that she needed to go make a happy ballerina and it worked great for about a week. Then she just started blowing through the pull ups (as in using them up quickly) and those things are expensive compared to diapers! So now we are mixing those and diapers.
There has been a new development lately though! She has started to let me know when she needs to go poop! It's the little things that make a mom happy! Last Friday we had a few errands to run in the city and we stopped by to see a family friend. While we were there Baby Bear asked me to go to the bathroom. I jumped on the opportunity and took her in there. She sat down and did it. She went poo without starting in her pull up! She has learned that she gets a reward when she does this so we took her for ice cream! She got to choose what she wanted and this is what we ended up with.

She chose this one because it was blue, but the funny thing is it was all fruit flavored. No complaints here! She was so happy to have it and so proud that we were praising her the way we were. We normally don't keep ice cream in our house. But as of the other day, we now have it in stock! I will gladly give her a scoop every time she saves me from having to change a stinky diaper!
Now we are just working on getting her to only pee in the potty! I have been told to just let her walk around without anything down there for four days...
What do you all think? How did you potty train your tots?









I love it!! The girl knows what she wants!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck...I hate potty training but it sounds like you have a wonderful start!!
Bare bottomed is the way to go. I did that with Nathan and it worked for us. I also kept a small potty seat in our living room so he could see it at all times. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI am dreading the day of potty training but I know it will here before I know it!
ReplyDeleteawe!! she is so dang adorable!!! && yes potty training SUCKS!!! we still have days with E!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thursday!!
Ha I'm not there yet so once you get it all figured out, post about it ok? :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard that bare bottom is the way to go...but I dread the peeing on the carpet. I can usually tell when Chloe is going Poo, so I don't think that would be an issue. She's currently working on it at Day Care, and we ask her every day. But if she says no, then we don't push it. We're going on vacation in July, and I would rather not have a newly potty trained toddler on a 16 hour car ride. LOL! Good luck, and let me know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteWe are hoping to enter the potty training days soon and Ive heard that naked is the way to go. We are going to try it and see if it works or not.
ReplyDelete