homebaraboutbarrecipesbardesignsbarcontact

Meet Holly!!!

4.05.2012

Hi everyone! I have an amazing woman, that I am truly in awe of, guest posting for you today. Please welcome Holly from Mr., Mrs, and 4 little Misses!

Hi everyone! My name is Holly and I have a blog called, Mr., Mrs, and 4 Little Misses! I'm 26 years old and a stay-at-home Mom to, yes, you guessed it, 4 little girls, whom are actually IRISH QUADS! I am married to my best friend and soul mate, Tim. We work hand in hand each day and I couldn't do it without him!

I am so excited that Tiffany let me do a guest post for her while she is moving! My family just went through a move ourselves and so I thought I would tell you a little about it and stick with that!

We had been living in a small town in Maryland, across the street from my childhood home where my parents still live. We moved there in August 2008 and we're married in May 2009. 
Our wedding day! 
After a long bout with endometriosis, infertility and IVF, we were thrilled to find out that we were finally expecting--in a BIG way! In December 2010 we welcomed triplet girls into our family! Madelynn, Claire and Natalee were born at 32w2d, two days before Christmas! We loved living close to family for those completely chaotic evenings when we would beg for some help! 
The "trips" first birthday party - December 2011
When our girls were only four months old, we naturally (and shockingly!!) while on birth control, conceived on our own. Upon finding out that we were so soon again going to be adding another member to our family, we knew we would love to have a bigger house. However, we decided we had what we had and it worked, so we just put it on the back burner. 
It's another GIRL!
About a month before the birth of our fourth daughter, we had the opportunity to move into a beautiful and much bigger home about 30 minutes from our small town. We decided within a few days to go for it! What the heck!? We always do things BIG, so why not? We would be living farther from my parents but only 5 minutes from my mother-in-law and my best friend. I was super excited to be closer to both of them. My mother-in-law has been such a huge help with our family and living closer to her is now such a blessing! And our girls are so happy to have their Nana close by!
Emily's birthday - January 26th!
We decided to wait until the 15th of February to move because our daughter was due any day when we signed our papers. Luckily, she arrived on the 26th of January, and she was barely two weeks old when we moved. Not to mention our other girls were only 13.5 months old and I'm glad they really didn't know what was going on. I was so worried that the would regress in their sleeping (they had just started sleeping through the night at around 11 months old!) but they didn't at all. Amen! 
The day of our move was quite hectic, as any day of a move is. We had been packing boxes since the day we decided to move but it was still really stressful with three kids, being pregnant and then taking care of a newborn. I swear we had SO much stuff...I never thought we would get everything moved! We had painted 3 bathrooms and two of the girl's rooms in the weekends prior to our move, plus a complete clean/disinfect of the whole house. The girl's room was hard to pack because they still required so much day to day, and taking three cribs apart and getting them all back together in one day was enough to make anyone go crazy! Luckily we had wonderful family and friends helping out and even providing food for all our "movers" which made everything go super smooth!

Not to mention, it had been such a warm winter here and on the day of our move, it snowed and was a muddy, windy, wet mess! Lovely, right....especially for all the brand new white carpet that was just put in!

Since I was still recovering from my VBAC and caring for a newborn, I didn't/couldn't lift or do much more than clean the old house once everything was gone and direct what went where. I am a little OCD when it comes to most things, so to say things were already being hung on my walls by the afternoon of our move is no lie. I gave myself one week, okay, maybe two weeks to have my house in complete order. I have four kids...I cannot live in chaos. We have enough of that as is, and living in a mess and in boxes was not an option for us!

All and all it has been a pretty smooth transition. We have a LOT more space here in our new house. We live very close to all our main places we shop and eat, which is a total change for us because we were used to be at least 15 minutes away from a normal grocery store and everything else. Plus, to say I love living so close to Target is NO lie!

Everyday I find new things that I love about this home. I love having a deck and swings for the girls in our own backyard and I love having tile and hardwood floors. I love having a real washer and dryer...you should have seen our old one! (Just think what you would see if an airplane had one!) I love NOT sharing a bathroom with my little girls and taking bath toys out of the tub every single day before I shower. I love the sun shinning in and how bright and cheery it is everywhere! It smells good, it looks good and it's our home, where we are raising our 4 little ladies!

Every Tuesday I am doing a little "Home Tour" (some of the above photos are from what I have already shown) of our new home. It's been fun to show everyone a little bit of our little life!

I hope you decide to stop by and say hello!! I love having new readers!

Take care and much thanks for reading!

Thank you so much Holly for letting us into your heart and home the way you have in this post! You are welcome to post on my blog whenever you want too! XOXOXO
I told you guys she was great!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your house, Holly. Of course, I love your blog too. You are wonder mom, I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi holly! i just "met" tiffany today via her blog and i love this guest post, b/c i can SO relate. not to the 4 irish twins--whew, you are a rockstar mom, what a blessing! but i can relate to the moving in the middle of giving birth. we just sold our house about two weeks ago and have moved in with my dad until we hear if we get our other house. if we do get it, we have a closing date two weeks before i'm due with baby #3.

    thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)
    I also have an amazing GIVEAWAY on my blog, please check it out:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!