So, as I mentioned yesterday, Papa Bear got a new job. The hours that go along with this job vary from day to day. This means some major adjusting for this little family.
For six months we got used to having him home almost every day with us. Those six months were a major bonding time for us. Well when he started his other job we had to get used to him leaving a little while after we got up and coming home during Baby Bear's nap. There will be some days like that with this job, but others will be kind of like last yesterday. Yesterday he had to leave during Baby Bear's nap and didn't come home until around 9:30. Baby Bear was fine when she got up from her nap. Then about 30 minutes later we were sitting in the living room and all of a sudden I look over and she had just started bawling her little eyes out. When I asked her what was wrong she just said " Daddy's gone!" I explained that he was just at work and would be home later. We then continue with our day and she is okay for the most part.
I will admit though that it was really weird doing dinner, bath time, evening cuddles, and bed time all alone. Papa Bear has almost always been there for those nightly rituals. Another thing that was really weird was win Baby Bear was asleep and I was the ONLY one here and awake. What did I do? I turned on a few lights so that the boogey man wouldn't get me and I went into the office and started working away on a blog design to distract myself. I did get a ton done though! lol.
Then Papa Bear came home and I ran out to give hugs. But something that I can't leave out in this post is what he does when he does happen to be gone when Baby Bear goes to bed. He will sneak into Baby Bear's room, give her a little kiss on the head, and tell him that he just wanted her to know that Daddy is home and that he loves her. She kisses him and rolls back over to go to sleep. But last night he said that when he walked in she was awake already. I don't know if she heard him pull up or if she was just quietly waiting for him to come home. But I do know that we missed her Daddy while he was at work.
I do understand that there are so many women who go through this as a daily routine. I commend those women. I know how much they miss their husbands when they are at work and wish they could be home to help. But at the same time I am so proud of my husband for doing what he does to take care of our little family!
It's just going to be an adjustment for us all.









Aw, poor Baby Bear! I know all too well doing the night-time routine alone and it's hard when you get spoiled with Daddy at home! But you girls will get more used to it and you will come to enjoy that quiet time!
ReplyDeletePoor little baby bear...she is so cute.
ReplyDeleteWe're going to have to deal with that as soon as school starts for my husband later this month. His schedule works out so that he only has school two days a week, but on those two days he'll be gone from 8 am -8:30 pm. So I'll be all alone with little man, who will be pretty brand spanking new. I know how you feel--or at least I will soon!
ReplyDeleteAwww! How sweet!!! It's such an adjustment. Chris teaches night school during the school year and those two nights are so hard and weird.
ReplyDeleteAww, poor baby bear! Sounds like she has a good Papa Bear who loves here, though! And a momma for that matter! Best of luck with the adjustment! <3
ReplyDeleteBig hugs! My husband works ALL the time. Most days he leaves before we are up and doesn't get home until we are in bed. It really sux sometimes but is just the way it is. Hopefully Baby Bear will adjust soon!
ReplyDelete